Simple Roasted Chicken
Yield: 2 to 4 servings
- One 2- to 3-pound chicken
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Unsalted butter
- Dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Rinse chicken and dry it well. The less it steams, the better.
- Rub salt and pepper to the cavity and truss the bird.
- Salt the chicken. Make sure it has a nice uniform coating to give it a crispy salty skin. Season with pepper.
- Place chicken in sauté pan and place the pan in the oven.
- Roast for 50 to 60 minutes until it’s done.
- Remove from the oven and baste with juices.
- Let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Slather with butter and serve with mustard or a salad. We are having it with potato salad.
We love drinking craft beer with roasted chicken. Roast chicken is a versatile dish. It is both sweet and savory. It also pairs well with beer. We recommend sticking with lighter flavors if you do not craft your own beer. Caramel and dark fruit notes add interesting kick to your beer. Roasted chicken can be a bit greasy, so hops and carbonation can help clean your palate. If you want to craft your own beer, grab our bottles here.
- Pratico Goods