Featured Food Blogger of the Week: Nancy Montuori of Ordinary Vegan
Nancy Montuori is an incredibly talented cook and the force behind Ordinary Vegan.
The movie, "Forks Over Knives" inspired her to live a vegan life. She hopes to inspire others by sharing her experiences, cooking tips and recipes. She wants to make it as easy as possible for other people to convert to a plant-based diet.
She has an upcoming online course in plant-based nutrition that she is launching this month. It’s a step-by-step guide to going vegan. For more information go to ordinaryvegan.net
1. Your story is amazing and inspiring. Aside from becoming more conscious about taking care of your body, how else did it affect your life and your choices as an adult?
When you make the decision to no longer eat foods that are unhealthy for your body, you are experiencing the highest form of love. Love for yourself. Once you make that commitment, you are able to manifest that love in all areas of your life.
2. When did you discover your love for cooking and creating recipes?
I began cooking when I was 18-years-old. It was an easy decision because I loved cooking for people I loved. Cooking was never a chore to me, it was a creative outlet.
3. Is it difficult to come up with new vegan recipes? Can you walk us through your process?
I could live to be 100 and never run out of ideas for vegan recipes. My process is trying to re-invent the familiar flavors most of us love. It’s usually not about the protein we crave, but more the flavors we love and have used in the past to dress up that protein.
4. What would you advise people who are considering a vegan diet but are afraid they won't be able to stick to it?
Take it one day at a time, don’t try to be perfect and give yourself time to feel the amazing benefits of a plant-based diet. Your energy will soar, your brain will clear and your creative juices will flow
5. What are the three favorite recipes from your website?
That’s a hard one but I would say the Vegan Mac and Cheese with Cauliflower Béchamel, Grilled Portobello Mushroom over Mashed Cauliflower Smothered in Gravy, and my stuffed shells.
- Pratico Goods