Featured Food Blogger of the Week: Kristi Rimkus of Mother Rimmy's Recipes
Kristi Rimkus (a.k.a. Mother Rimmy) is a healthy recipe developer and food blogger with a passion for creating family-pleasing meals. She is also the creative force behind Mother Rimmy’s Recipes. She believes that healthy food can be both delicious and easy to make.
She has a certification in weight management and nutrition. During her weight loss journey and afterwards, she has learned to develop tasty recipes that support her lifestyle goals.
1. Can you tell us a little about your weight loss journey? What was most difficult thing about your journey?
More than 20 years ago I lost 40 pounds using the Weight Watchers plan. At the time I was raising a family and working full-time outside the home, so needed a way to make food family-pleasing and healthy for all of us. I learned to make healthier versions of the dishes my family begged for which made the challenge of taking off the extra weight easier.
2. What is your one indulgence when it comes to cooking? What is your most calorie-indulgent recipe?
My indulgence is Mexican inspired dishes. I love any food with spicy flavors, so slenderizing my favorite Mexican dishes is a must. My most calorie-indulgent recipes don't top 500 for the entire meal, but I will say I love this easy Nicoise salad.
3. What was your biggest challenge when you started out as a food blogger?
There are too many challenges to remember, but I would say it wasn't the cooking because I love to cook. It was the technical aspects of setting up a blog and learning to shoot photos of my creations that looked as good as they did on the plate that was and still is my greatest challenge. Food blogging is always a work in progress as there is always something new to learn. That's why I love it!
4. What are the three ingredients you absolutely must have in your kitchen?
Olive oil, Dijon mustard, and Champagne vinegar (I love the mellow flavor of Champagne vinegar). With these ingredients, I can make a vinaigrette or marinade for almost any meat, seafood, or vegetable.
5. Finally, if I were to ask you for just one recipe from your website which would represent your kitchen, which recipe would it be?
The most popular recipe on my website is this Mexican Pasta Salad for a crowd. It's a Pinterest favorite for sure.
How to Reach Kristi Rimkus of Mother Rimmy's Recipes
- Pratico Goods