Easy Beef Chao Fan
September is the National Rice Month, and it is the perfect time to indulge in some Chinese recipes like our Easy Beef Chao Fan.
Chao Fan is one of the classically popular Chinese dish – and with good reason. This fried rice has it all, and if cooked properly, it is incredible. It’s a fairly easy dish to make, and it is perfect for a quick lunch or dinner. It also makes for a great snack after a grueling day.
Here’s a recipe for a beef chao fan that you might just like. The secret ingredients for this recipe are curry and chili powder which gives the rice that kick and zest which blends well with all the other ingredients.
- 6 cups rice, cooked
- 1/4 cup ground beef
- 2 tbsp garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium shallot
- 1/4 cups carrot, finely chopped
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp chopped green onion
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tbsps cooking oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saute garlic in oil until golden brown.
- Add chopped shallot and stir until cooked
- Add beef and stir occasionally until cooked
- Add bell pepper and carrots
- Season with salt and pepper and continue stirring
- Add chili and curry powder and mix
- Add cooked rice and mix until brown
- Add beaten eggs and stir until eggs are cooked
- Stir in green onions
We love using our Bamboo Cutting Board with Juice Groove when chopping onions, carrots, garlic, shallots for this recipe. It's so easy to use, and it has juice grooves so it catches drips. Check out the product here.
- Pratico Goods