If you love coconuts, you will definitely love this Coconut Macaroon treat. They're made with condensed milk, and the sweet scrumptious flavors of coconut really shines through. These macaroons are chewy on the inside, and they're wonderfully toasted on the outside. You will definitely love them! They're the perfect dessert.
- 3 tbls water
- ⅔ cup sugar, granulated
- 1 tbls light corn syrup
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 14 oz bag shredded coconut, sweetened
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and then set aside.
- Add water, corny syrup, sugar, and salt in a saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring frequently until sugar dissolves completely. Remove from heat.
- In a heat-proof bowl, combine the coocnut and syrup, stir them until they're evenly distributed.
- Cool mixture for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, whisk egg whites and vanilla extract until they're foamy.
- Fold in the coconut mixture.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out golf-ball sized mounds. Make sure to give 2-inch space between each mound.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked. Make sure to rotate the baking sheets as necessary.
- Place sheets on racks and cool.
- Store in airtight containers.
We love baking with our Pratipad PLUS 4-in-1 Multipurpose Silicone Pot Holders. It's so easy to grab baking sheets and pans without worrying about getting burn. They also serve remarkably well as trivets.
- Pratico Goods